Top 10 ways to help out your inspector
- Pass out or make or business cards available to your Clients. Make them aware of all the great features of our web site (homecheckonline.com) and our many great services.
- Make certain that we have a sighed inspection agreement BEFORE the inspection.
- Confirm that the Seller and his agent are aware of the inspection
- Confirm the utilities are on and pilot lights are burning.
- Make sure the inspector has access to any keys, alarm, or entrance codes.
- Allow the inspector enough space to concentrate during the inspection. Inspectors love to answer questions, but appropriateness is always nice.
- If you are an agent for the Seller make sure they check out our web site under the “Seller” area.. Tons of tips and suggestions on improvement/repair how-to’s. This will help with “defect” Correction BEFORE the inspection.
- Remind Sellers to unlock any areas the inspector must access: Gates, Attic doors, Electric service panels, Closets, etc.
- Confirm areas are accessible. Remove stored items that may restrict access to attic, crawl space, electric panel, water heater, HVAC equipment, etc.
- Save yourself a little time by allowing the inspector to upload your report to our website, or perhaps try our time saving online scheduling. We can “save a lot of trees” by doing this, AND it’s much faster.
We often share the same Client. Let’s work together in an effort to give them GREAT SERVICE!
Phone: (910) 670-8854
PO Box 1428
Vass, NC 28394